St. Joseph’s Highland Creek Council
Charter November 5, 1953
Meetings are held at St. Joseph’s Church on the 2nd Monday of each month. The Rosary is said at 7:10 pm followed by the meeting which starts at 7:30 PM and ends at 9:30 PM. There are NO meetings in the Summer!
We invite all the women of our parish community ages 16 years or over to be part of our Catholic Women’s League. To join the CWL or if you have any questions on the CWL, you can get in touch with the Parish Office during regular working hours.
Additionally, you can reach out to Lucia Vacca at 416-283-3536
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada was organized nationally on June 17, 1920 and granted federal incorporation on December 12, 1923. The League is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) as a lay association of women and is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (WUCWO), a worldwide federation holding membership in the conference of International Catholic Organizations (ICO) and having consultative status with agencies of the United Nations (UN).
The objectives of the League shall be to unite the Catholic Women of Canada to:
- Achieve individual and collective spiritual development
- Promote the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life
- Protect the sanctity of human life
- Enhance the role of women in church and society
- Recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere
- Uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world
- Contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony
The Catholic Women’s League is an organization that contributes to the life and vitality of the church, family and community, both at home and abroad. Its a wonderful way to meet other women in the parish, to share ideas, build friendships, support, socialize, develop spiritually, continue to build the spirit of generosity, gain a greater insight into our role and mission as baptized Christians.