St Joseph's Highland Creek Council 11525
The local Council is run by a Board of Directors comprising the Grand Knight, Chaplain, Deputy Grand Knight, Chancellor, Recorder, Financial Secretary, Treasurer, Lecturer, Advocate, Warden, two Guards and three Trustees.
The Board of Directors meet every first Thursday of each month. General business meetings take place every third Thursday of each month.
To join the Knights of Columbus or if you have any questions on the Knights of Columbus, you can get in touch with Bryan Noble, Gerard Johnston or Carlo Vacca at the Parish Office during regular working hours.
The Knights of Columbus Highland Creek Council was founded in 1995 with 35+ Brother Knights.
|First chartered Grand Knight||Bro. Ernie Arevalo|
|First chartered Chaplain||Rev. Fr. Locky Flanagan C.S.Sp.|
|First chartered Chancellor||Late Bro. Arthur Crawford|
Aims & Objectives
Knights of Columbus “In service to one - service to all’, is a Catholic family, Fraternal, Service Organization founded in the year 1882 in the U.S.A. by the late Rev. Fr. Michael McGivney. The Knights are regarded as the strong arm of the Church and are a visible and active community in the Parish celebrating faith, family, fraternity and youth through service programs headed and administered by volunteering Knights.
Some of our activities include:
- Participation in the renovation, maintenance and upgrading of the Church facilities through fund-raising programs in consultations with the Pastor.
- Support pro-life chain every year by joining the assembly with placards at the intersections of Lawrence and Kingston Roads for one hour.
- Annual Christmas Party for under-privileged children in coordination with the St.Vincent De Paul Society.
- Sale of roses during May and October every year for the cause of Rosalie Hall.
- Donations to deserving charitable Institutions and Seminarians.
- Organize social functions and spiritual events in coordination with other Ministries e.g.: CWL, Prayer Group, Legion of Mary, RCIA, and others, thus fostering fellowship, better understanding and faith enrichment.
New Executive Installation
The installation of the new Executive - St Joseph's Council # 11525 was solemnized at St. Joseph's Church on Saturday September 11, 2010 after 5 pm mass. It was conducted by the District Deputy Sir Knight Blaine Morlock , and assisted by Rev. Fr. Michal Jurkowski, Chaplain. In attendance were the Fourth Degree Knights of Padre Pio Assembly, who provided guard of honour throughout the ceremony adding to the solemnity of this auspicious occasion. As customary, the out-going Grand Knight and the Grand Knight Elect (serving the 2nd term) Socrates Furtado welcomed and introduced the Dignitaries present with an up-date on the performance of the Council during the last fraternal year, and called upon the District Deputy to proceed with the installation ceremony.
One notable feature of the ceremony was that the Spouses /family members were invited to witness the garlanding of the jewels to the respective Officer, after investiture by the District Deputy. All the Officers processing in, formed the sign of the Cross, which was maintained through out the ceremony. The installation ceremony was rounded off by the joint administration of oath of office to all the Officers and exhortation by the District Deputy. This was concluded with the prayer by the Chaplain and felicitations to all the Officers and families present, by the District Deputy and by the Chaplain. Group photograph and reception followed thereafter.
Knights of Columbus - Executive Committees