Confirmation means accepting responsibility for your faith and your destiny. The focus is on the Holy Spirit, who confirmed the apostles on Pentecost and gave them courage to practice their faith. The same Holy Spirit confirms Catholics during the Sacrament of Confirmation and gives them the same gifts and fruits.
FINAL SET OF CLASSES ARE TAKING PLACE THE WEEK OF MAY 6TH
Confirmation Retreat Dates
Saturday April 14 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Sunday School
Please note, any student unable to attend their prescribed date is welcome to attend this retreat. Please advise Angela Bernard (647-242-8429) should you choose this option
Tuesday April 17 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- St. Dominic Savio
- St. Brendan
Monday April 23 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Cardinal Leger
- St. Jean de Brebeuf
Sunday, April 22nd @ 2:00 p.m.
St. Brendan, St. Dominic Savio & Sunday School
Sunday, April 29th @ 2:00 p.m.
- Cardinal Leger & St. Jean de Brebeuf
Gowns are available on Confirmation Day in the hall starting one hour before the mass at 1:00 p.m. for pick up. Confirmandi and sponsors should arrive early and come to the hall to register, receive their gown and line up for procession into the church.
Registration & Enrollment
We look forward to working with you and your children in preparation to receive the sacrament of Confirmation. Our registration and enrollment process and requirements are outlined below.
Parents & Confirmation Candidates:
- Complete the attached Registration Form and bring it with you to the Enrollment Mass on Tuesday November 14th @ 7:00 p.m.
- Registration will begin at 6:00 p.m. Please come early to allow time for registration to be completed in advance of the mass starting.
- If your child was not baptised at St Joseph’s Highland Creek please include a photocopy of his/her baptismal certificate.
- Attend the Enrollment Mass during which the confirmation candidate will submit your Enrollment Form (within this package) and will be presented with your confirmation cross.
- Invite your sponsor and/or Godparent to join you and your parents for this mass.
We look forward to seeing you on November 14th.
If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com
Donna M. Tomie
St. Joseph’s Church, Highland Creek
Other important information and dates
- November 14th @ 7:00 p.m.
- Confirmation Enrolment Mass is scheduled in the Church
- November 19th at 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- Parent Volunteer Screening and Facilitator Workshop is scheduled in the Church Hall.
- Confirmation Classes will begin in January 2018
- Class lists have been posted in the Narthex
- 2nd set of classes taking place the week of February 18