Confirmation means accepting responsibility for your faith and your destiny. The focus is on the Holy Spirit, who confirmed the apostles on Pentecost and gave them courage to practice their faith.
The same Holy Spirit confirms Catholics during the Sacrament of Confirmation and gives them the same gifts and fruits.
Dear Parents and Confirmandi
First, thank you for your patience as do our best to operate within COVID guidelines and find ways to conclude our sacramental year for 2019-2020.
We now have dates for our confirmation Masses and are seeking your assistance to finish preparation at home as a family. In advance of the Confirmation mass, and supported by your child’s “Annointed for Mission” Confirmation Journal, please cover the following topics:
- The meaning of Christian Service and helping them explore how they have experiences of service in relationship to their faith. (See Session 3 page 38).
- The Gifts of The Holy Spirit
In the Book of Isaiah 11:2-3, the Gifts of the Holy Spirit are described. In the passage the gifts are considered ones that the Messiah would have possessed. Through Jesus, we also receive the Gifts of the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Wisdom helps us recognize the importance of others and the importance of keeping God central in our lives.
- Understanding is the ability to comprehend the meaning of God's message.
- Knowledge is the ability to think about and explore God's revelation, and also to recognize there are mysteries of faith beyond us.
- Counsel is the ability to see the best way to follow God's plan when we have choices that relate to him.
- Fortitude is the courage to do what one knows is right.
- Piety helps us pray to God in true devotion.
- Fear of the Lord is the feeling of amazement before God, who is all-present, and whose friendship we do not want to lose
- The Fruits of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5: 22-23)
Mass schedule is as follows:
- Sunday November 15 @ 1pm – Cardinal Leger & St. Jean de Brebeuf
- Sunday November 15 @ 3pm – St. Dominic Savio & Sunday School
- Tuesday November 17 @ 7pm – St. Brendan’s (A-K)
- Wednesday November 18 @ 7pm – St. Brendan’s (L-M)
Should you not be able to attend the Mass assigned to you please contact the parish office and advise our parish secretary so we can make the necessary adjustments. Any questions regarding preparation please contact our pastoral associate Donna Tomie by email firstname.lastname@example.org