SSVP Year End Report – 2017
In 2017 we did 376 home visits helping 146 families consisting of 254 children and 263 adults, the numbers include the Christmas Appeal visits.
The Neighbours In Need Box donations in 2017 were $30,496.00 and our expenses were $29,030.00. We started the year with $2522.00. We ended the year with a surplus of $3,988.00. The value of the gifts and gift cards donated by sponsors and parishioners was $1,800.00.
Through the year, exclusive of our Christmas Appeal, these monies enabled us to provide to those in need in our parish and the immediate surroundings;
- No-Frills gift cards for food assistance, totaling $12,400.00.
- Salvation Army vouchers for clothing and small household items, totaling $2,050.00.
- Beds & small furniture items from our SSVP store, totaling $4,673.00.
- Financial aid to two families for extraordinary one-time expense, totaling $1,300.00.
- Uploaded $2000 to our Scarborough East Part. Council who provide assistance to other conferences in need.
- TTC tokens to families in need of transportation, totaling $648.00.
- Miscellaneous Items purchased at Wal-Mart Items, totaling $371.00.
- 85 happy kids attended the Christmas party put on by the Knights of Columbus to which we contributed $1200.
During the Christmas Appeal we visited 81 homes providing each family with a No-Frills gift card for food, totaling $7,470.00 and a Wal-Mart gift card for each child under 13, totaling $2,875.00 and Christmas cookies, totaling $671.00.
- Distributed Gifts & Gift cards donated by sponsors to designated families,
- Delivered 18 “winter coats for kids” sponsored by the Knights of Columbus.
- As part of Project Engagement* six food hampers were delivered to 12 large families at Christmas.
* Project Engagement is a volunteer based not-for-profit one day event each year, with contributions from more than 50 businesses and an army of volunteers assembling nutritious Christmas food boxes for families in need.
Upcoming Activities - For Spring 2018
There will be two “Bundle Up” weekends this year with one taking place in the Spring and the other in the Fall.
In April we will be taking requests for Camps Marygrove for girls and Ozanam for boys for children who reside in the parish. This year we had a total of 42 girls and boys registered.