SSVP Year End Report – 2018
In 2018 we did 376 home visits helping 140 families consisting of 293 children and 250 adults, the numbers include the Christmas Appeal visits.
In 2018 your ‘Neighbours-In-Need’ donations were $28522.00 and our expenses were $31459.00. We started the year with $3988.00. We ended the year with a surplus of $1051.00. The value of the ‘Gifts-in-kind’ donated by you the sponsors and parishioners was $3475.00. Your generosity is gratefully acknowledged.
Through the year, exclusive of our Christmas Appeal, these monies enabled us to provide to those in need in our parish and the immediate surroundings;
- No-Frills gift cards for food assistance, totaling $12,150.00.
- Salvation Army vouchers for clothing and small household items, totaling $2,050.00.
- Beds & small furniture items from our SSVP store, totaling $3825.00.
- TTC tokens to families in need of transportation, totaling $459.
- Miscellaneous Items purchased at Wal-Mart Items, totaling $525.00
- Miscellaneous expense supplied fire wood for an elderly couple $350
- Delivered 24 “winter coats for kids” sponsored by the Knights of Columbus.
- Uploaded $1000 each to the Scarborough East and Toronto Central councils who in turn provided needed assistance to poorer conferences, parishes in the Scarborough and Downtown areas.
During the Christmas Appeal we helped 84 families, 40 of which came to the Knight’s Christmas party. We provided each family with a No-Frills gift card for food, totaling $7200.00, a Wal-Mart gift card for each child under 13, totaling $3575.00 and Christmas cookies, totaling $360.00.
- 101 excited kids with their families attended the Christmas party put on by the Knights of Columbus to which we fully participated, sharing the costs, $517.
- Distributed Gifts & Gift cards donated by sponsors to designated families,
- Separate to our Christmas Appeal, we participated in Project Engagement* delivering food hampers with turkeys to 13 families in our area.
* Project Engagement is a volunteer based not-for-profit one day event each year, with contributions from more than 50 businesses and an army of volunteers assembling nutritious Christmas food boxes for families in need.
Upcoming Activities - For Spring 2019
There will be two “Bundle Up” weekends this year with one taking place in the Spring and the other in the Fall.
In April we will be taking requests for Camps Marygrove for girls and Ozanam for boys for those children who reside in our parish. This year we had a total of 32 girls and boys registered.