SSVP Year End Report – 2020
In 2020 we did 268 home visits helping 118 families consisting of 216 children and 244 adults.
In 2020 your ‘Neighbours-In-Need’ donations were $37050 and our expenses were $29500. We started the year with $3829. We ended the year with a surplus of $11390 which included a sizeable memorial donation and a very successful fundraising by a sponsor using “Canadahelps”. The value of the ‘Gifts-in-kinds’ donated was $2155. Your generosity is gratefully acknowledged.
Exclusive of our Christmas Appeal (see following details below) and despite the pandemic which limited the amount of assistance we could provide due to closures of both our SSVP stores and Salvation Army Thrift stores. Your donations enabled us to provide to those in need within our parish boundaries and the immediate surroundings the following:
- PC gift cards for food assistance, totaling $9365
- Salvation Army vouchers for clothing and small household items, totaling $580
- Beds & small furniture items from our SSVP store, totaling $1325
- TTC tokens to families in need of transportation, totaling $155
- Miscellaneous Items purchased at Wal-Mart, totaling $300
- Supplied fire wood for an elderly couple, cost $200
- Delivered 28 “winter coats for kids” in collaboration with the Knights of Columbus, cost $335.
- Delivered refurbished laptops, study kits and printers to 18 families value approx. $5420 donated by “Parents Engaged in Education”.
- Uploaded $2000 to the Scarborough East council who in turn provide needed assistance to less fortunate conferences in the Scarborough and Downtown areas.
- Due to the pandemic the boys and girl camps were closed and April’s Bundleup weekend was cancelled. We did have a successful Bundleup in October.
During the Christmas Appeal we helped 102 families and 186 children providing each family with a PC gift card for food, totaling $10,500, and a Wal-Mart gift card for each child under 15, totaling $5300.
- The annual Christmas party co-sponsored with the Knights of Columbus unfortunately was cancelled.
Upcoming Activities - For Spring 2021
- “Bundle Up” weekends are scheduled for April 24 & 25 and in the fall Sept. 25 & 26.
- Boys and girl’s camps this summer a question mark.