SSVP Year End Report – 2022
In 2022 completed 308 home visits helping 100 families, with 162 children and 213 adults.
In 2022, your ‘Neighbours-In-Need’ donations were $33717 and our expenditures were $36981. We started the year with $16793 cash & gift cards. We ended the year with a surplus of $13,529 cash & gift cards.
A local business ran two fund raising events sponsoring our charity, a Scavenger Race in June and Holiday Artisan market at Cherry Bomb in December where the ticket proceeds were $1850. Lastly the value of the ‘Gifts-in-kinds’ donated this year were $2050. Your generosity is gratefully acknowledged.
In 2022 your donations enabled us to provide to those in need, within our parish boundaries, and the immediate surroundings, the following:
- PC gift cards for food assistance, totalling $28000
- Salvation Army vouchers for clothing and small household items, totaling $1150
- Beds & small furniture items from our SSVP store, totaling $2328
- TTC tokens to families in need of transportation, totaling $1007
- Delivered 38 “winter coats for kids” in collaboration with the Knights of Columbus, cost $335.
- This year for the second time we provided “Back to School” assistance for approximately 30 children cost $955 using Walmart gift cards.
- Due to the pandemic restrictions only 12 children attended the boys and girl camps.
- Our Bundleup Weekends on April 24&25 and September the 24th & 25th were both successfully. A big thanks to the volunteers who helped and to the parishioners who donated.
- During the Christmas Appeal we helped 64 families and 106 children. We provided each family with a PC gift card for food, totaling $8835, a Wal-Mart gift card for each child under 15, totaling $2660 plus a box of Christmas cookies totaling $540 for the families.
- Unfortunately, the annual Christmas party, co-sponsored with the Knights of Columbus was cancelled. Also cancelled was the distribution of toys from the firefighters which we normally give at the party.
Upcoming activities for 2023
- “Bundle Up” weekends are scheduled for April 29 & 30 and in the fall Sept. 30 & Oct 1st.
- Hopefully the Boys and girl’s camps will be open this year with few restrictions.