SSVP Year End Report – 2015
The revenue in 2015 was $27887, Expenditures $27256, Yrbeg $1660. We ended the year with a surplus of $2290. Thank you for your continuing support. These monies allow us to provide the following assistance to those in need in our parish.
- We did 303 home visits helping 130 families consisting of 200 children, the numbers include the Christmas Appeal.
- We provided No-Frills gift cards for food requests value $16000.
- We provided Salvation Army vouchers for requests for clothing and small household items value $785.
- Our SSVP store provided beds & small furniture items, value $4200.
- Delivered 24 “winter coats for kids” sponsored by the Knights of Columbus.
- 63 happy kids attended the Christmas party put on by the Knights of Columbus.
- At Christmas we visited about 88 homes giving each family a No-Frills gift card for food and Wal-Mart gift card to those families with children under 13, value $10300.
- We also delivered Christmas hampers to families sponsored by parishioners, value $2000.
- On our home visits where we see a need we will handout TTC tokens to help families get to a store or to an appointment.
- The church receptionist also hands out TTC tokens to people in need who drop by the church.
Upcoming Activities - For Spring 2016
The “Bundle Up” weekend is April 23 & 24. Mark your calendars. A SSVP truck will be parked in the parking lot where you can donate your used clothing, shoes and linens.
We will be taking registration requests again this year around the end of March for Camps Marygrove and Ozanam for children who reside in the parish. The children have a fun time away from the city and in the country for a week. The camps are sponsored by Catholic Charities, St. Vincent de Paul and you.
Open to eligible girls’ age 5 and 13 and boys age 6 to 13 from families currently suffering financial or domestic hardships. If you know of a child of a family in this situation who would enjoy a camper’s experience; call the church at 416 282 0370 Ext 217 and leave us a phone message and someone will get back to you.