SSVP Year End Report – 2016
In 2016 we did 298 home visits helping 116 families consisting of 227 children and 217 adults, the numbers include the Christmas Appeal visits.
The NIN* Poor Box donations in 2016 were $29154, our expenses were $28922. We started the year with $2290. We ended the year with a surplus of $2522. During our Christmas appeal the value of the gifts and gift cards donated by sponsors and parishioners was $3725. Thank you for your continuing support.
Through the year, exclusive of our Christmas Appeal, these monies enabled us to provide to those in need in our parish and the immediate surroundings;
- No-Frills gift cards for food assistance, totaling $9870.
- Salvation Army vouchers for clothing and small household items, totaling $940.
- Beds & small furniture items from our SSVP store, totaling $1940.
- Financial aid to two families for moving expenses, totaling $620.
- Financial assistance to Ont. Region SSVP “North of 60” project in Whale Cove, totaling $1000.
- TTC tokens to families in need of transportation, totaling $504.
- During the Christmas Appeal we visited 86 homes providing each family with No-Frills gift card for food, totaling $7935 and a Wal-Mart gift card for each child under 13, totaling $3550
- Distributed Gifts & Gift cards donated by sponsors to designated families,
- Delivered 24 “winter coats for kids” sponsored by the Knights of Columbus.
- 60 happy kids attended the Christmas party put on by the Knights of Columbus.
Upcoming Activities - For Spring 2017
The “Bundle Up” weekend is March 18 & 19. Mark your calendars. A SSVP truck or container will be parked in the parking lot where you can donate your used clothing, shoes and linens.
In April we will be taking registration requests for Camps Marygrove for girls and Ozanam for boys for children who reside in the parish. The camps are sponsored by Catholic Charities, St. Vincent de Paul Society and you.
Open to eligible girls’ age 5 and 13 and boys age 6 to 13 from families currently suffering financial or domestic hardships. Know a family? Contact us at the church 416 282 0370 ext. 217 and leave a message.
*Neighbors in Need