June 16, 2019 The Solemnity of the most Holy Trinity Year C
Masses for the Week
Sat. Jun 15
- 9:00 am Intention of Celina & Tony Zagrai
- 5:00 pm † Benito Barbieri
Sun. Jun 16
- 9:00 am † Amador Iglesia
- 11:00 am For the People of the Parish
- 7:00 pm † Giovanni & Aquilina Vacca
Mon. Jun 17
- 9:00 am † Francis Pinto
Tues. Jun 18
- 9:00 am † Maria Raponi
Wed. Jun 19
- 9:00 am † Souls in Purgatory
Thurs. Jun 20
- 9:00 am † Rosalina Flor
Fri. Jun 21
- 9:00 am
- Intention of Gracias Family
- Living & Deceased Priests
- † Michael&Margaret Mullane
- † Harold Sutton
- † Carmine & Vinzi Marone
Sat. Jun 22
- 9:00 am † Bridget Herft
- 5:00 pm † Fortunato Massara
New to the Parish? Welcome!
You can register by filling in this online Registration Form.
If you would prefer to fill in a paper Registration Form, these can be found at the Church’s entrances. You can drop off your completed form in an offertory basket.
St. Joseph's Church is Wheelchair Accessible; ramps are available at the North and South exits of the church
The Trinity is not an abstract doctrine but a living reality. In today’s gospel Jesus speaks of the Father and Holy Spirit as the most profound and living reality of his own life. With them he communes; their life he shares. We too can live in communion with the Trinity. The Spirit will lead us to the truth of Jesus, and Jesus will lead us to the Father. It is the Spirit who inspires us to carry on in the Church Jesus’ work of revealing the Father. In the reading from Proverbs, we find a first stage in the revelation of the Trinity: Wisdom is personified, seeming to work with God in creating the world. St. Paul writes to the Romans about the gift of faith which gives us hope of one day seeing God’s glory. But already we are learning to rely on God’s life within us. We are being proved by suffering, giving us a share with Christ: and we experience God’s love in our hearts. God our creator, redeemer and sustainer is the centre of our lives as Christians. May we grow in this state of grace.
(Sunday Mass Book)
2019 CRADLE OF HOPE CONFERENCE
June 29th @ 8:30 a.m.
Toronto Pavilion, 190 Railside Road
Breath of God-Living a life led by the Holy Spirit. Mass, adoration, confession, praise and worship and healing service. Guest speakers: Fr. Dave Pivonka, together with CCRC’s Fr. Matthias Yaw Kotoka Amuzu (Spiritual Director) and Fr. Ben St. Croix, CC (Cardinal’s liaison). Presented by the Catholic Charismatic Renewal Council (CCRC) of the Archdiocese of Toronto. Join our annual celebration with unique programs for adults, youth and children.
Cost: $25.00 (adults); $5.00 (youth);
Free for children
To the families who will have a child scheduled to receive Holy Communion or Confirmation in 2020.
Please pay close attention to the bulletins in September and October as that is when we announce our schedule. Forms for both sacraments are available on our website https://www.stjosephstoronto.org/
Under sacraments you will find a link and download the forms from there.
Our sessions are not taking place over the Summer.
We will resume sessions in mid-September.
FAMILY FOUNDATIONS INSTITUTE FAMILY CAMP– PORT BURWELL
JPII Culture Centre
6679 Woodworth Road
With a hired cook and kitchen staff to prepare three hot meals each day, Family Camp is a wonderful opportunity for Catholic families to relax together in a wholesome environment of shared vacation time. Daily opportunity for Mass and confession. Private individual cabins, a pool, walking trails and great outdoor space.
Week 1: July 14-20; Week 2: July 21-27
Week 3: August 25-31
Cost: $850 per family. Sponsorship may be available
ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES!
Firstly, congratulations on your recent accomplishment.
Are you headed to university or college in the Fall?
Campus ministry is waiting for you! Find your Catholic home on campus by visiting:
PASTA BINGO NIGHT
ST. JOSEPH’S SCHEDULE FOR SUMMER 2019
- Mass Schedule
- Will remain the same
- Bulletin Publication
- The last bulletin will be published on June 30th and will resume on September 8th.
- Deadline for submission will be Tuesday September 3rd
- Mass Intentions
- Will be posted in the Narthex & West entrance
- Office Closures
- Monday, July 1st; Monday August 5 and Monday September 2
- Office Hours
- Monday to Thursday:9:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Closing for lunch at 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 to 1:00 p.m.
DONATION ENVELOPES AND 2018 TAX RECEIPTS
You can pick these up from the office.
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. Closing for lunch at 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
ALTAR SERVERS TRAINING SESSION
A training session for all new recruits of boys and girls who are interested in joining our Altar Servers Ministry will be held in the Church immediately after the 9:00 a.m. Mass on Saturday, June 22nd 2019.
We would appreciate if at least one parent would accompany your child on this day and to arrive by 9:30 a.m. to start on time. The training is expected to last about an hour.
Visit bit.ly/archTOcareers for the latest employment opportunities.
- Maintenance & Custodian Person
- Merciful Redeemer Parish, Mississauga.
- Closing date: Friday, June 21st
- Coordinator of Sacramental Preparation
- St. Christopher Parish, Mississauga
- Closing date: Wednesday June 26th
- Social Worker
- Catholic Family Services of Toronto
- Closing date: Friday, June 21st
- Communications Coordinator
- Canadian Jesuits International, Toronto
- Closing date: Thursday, July 4th
- Donation Coordinator
- Catholic Missions in Toronto
- Closing date: Sunday June 30th
- Organist & Director of Liturgical Music
- St. Augustine’s Seminary of Toronto, Scarborough