Good Shepherd Provide a Meal Program – 2023 – 2024
The Good Shepherd Centre thanks you the parishioners of St. Joseph’s Church for your support and generosity during the Covid lockdown period, when, you provided food items for the Lunch-bag Program. While the Centre is not fully open, it has returned to providing hot meals to the homeless and at-risk individuals in the downtown Toronto.
In keeping up with their needs, we at St. Joseph’s have resumed the Provide-a-meal Program—Beef & Macaroni Casserole; this casserole is made once a month.
We hope you make the decision to participate.
Thank you for being a part of the Good Shepherd Provide-a-Meal Program Family.
Annie and Peter Alkins
Coordinators for the Good Shepherd Refuge Provide-a-Meal Program
Beef and Macaroni Casserole Recipe
- 2-3 lbs med. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 28oz. cans of Spaghetti sauce
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- Salt/Bk pepper
- 1 400g block cheddar cheese (grated)
- Add elbow macaroni to lightly salted boiling water; Stir occasionally while cooking. Cook to slightly over al dente and drain set aside
- In a large pot brown meat with one tablespoon olive oil and onions stirring to separate meat, when meat is tender drain off fat.
- Add 2 28 oz. cans of spaghetti sauce to meat – simmer about 10 minutes
- Taste/ adjust salt/pepper/oregano
- When meat sauce is ready add to cooked macaroni and turn out into provided container, let cool. Grate cheese enough to cover the entire top.
- Cover and freeze
Drop-off frozen casserole on the dates listed below at St. Joseph’s Church West parking lot after Saturday morning Mass between 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.